||Out of stock
A functional shell jacket in brown with black penguins printed all over. The jacket is coated with water-repellent and environmentally friendly BIONIC-FINISH® ECO. Its shell fabric is breathable, has taped seams and is waterproof with 5000 mm water columns. The jacket has a removable hood, two fleece-lined front pockets and reflective print at the back and on the sleeves to increase visibility in the dark. Due to its light weight and flexibility this jacket can be used in many different settings – either separately or combined with any of our fleece jackets or a lightweight puffer jacket when it gets colder. This model is a returning Mini Rodini classic that can also be an alternative to a rain jacket.
• Shell fabric has taped seams and is breathable with 3000 g/m2/24h and water-resistant with 5000 mm water columns.
• BIONIC-FINISH® ECO, environmentally friendly and fluorocarbon-free coating.
• Two front pockets lined with 100 % recycled polyester fleece.
• Placket covered zip and snap buttons at placket.
• Zip with inside zip protection to keep the wind out and fold over with fleece at the top to be kind to the chin.
• Reflective print at the back.
• Adjustable sleeve endings with straps and reflective print.
• Removable hood.
• Adjustable elastic string at bottom.
• Lining made of 100 % recycled polyester mesh.
• Faux leather penguin patch at one of the front pockets – matching the zip slider.
• Color: Brown
• Composition: Shell: 100 % recycled polyester. Lining: 100 % recycled polyester
• Production: Made in China
19 PET bottles were recycled to make this jacket.
This shell jacket has the water-repellent coating BIONIC-FINISH® ECO. In most water-repellent coatings on the market today the use of PFC’s and its fluorocarbons is a rule rather than an exception. These chemicals decompose very slowly in nature, are easily spread and nowadays found worldwide. They impair reproductive ability and are also suspected to cause cancer. BIONIC-FINISH® ECO is made with an alternative technique and is not only free from PFC and fluorocarbons but also from formaldehyde and paraffin.
This jacket is also GRS certified which ensures that it consists of recycled materials made from, for example, PET soda bottles, discarded fishnets and used clothes. GRS is the strictest certification for recycled material on the market today and includes rigid controls of especially chemical use and tracking but also working conditions. The whole production chain is controlled, from raw material to the final product. We make children’s clothes and have high demands on long-term sustainability – both for natures’ sake and the people who manufacture, handle and use our products. It is therefore only natural to ensure our sustainability efforts by using third-party certifications