||Out of stock
A pair of functional shell trousers in brown with black penguins printed all over. The trousers are coated with water-repellent and environmentally friendly BIONIC-FINISH® ECO. Their shell fabric is breathable, has taped seams and is waterproof with 5000 mm water columns. The trousers have lining in recycled polyester, adjustable shoulder straps with buckles and durable silicon straps to place under the feet. The reflective prints at the leg endings increase visibility in the dark. Due to their light weight and flexibility these trousers can be used in many different settings – either separately or combined with any of our fleece trousers. This model is a returning Mini Rodini classic that can also be an alternative to a pair of rain trousers.
• Shell fabric has taped seams and is breathable with 3000 g/m2/24h and water-resistant with 5000 mm water columns.
• BIONIC-FINISH® ECO, environmentally friendly and fluorocarbon-free coating.
• Adjustable elastic shoulders straps with buckles.
• Snap button at the side for width adjustment.
• Durable adjustable silicon straps to place under the feet.
• Reflective print at leg endings.
• Lining made of environmentally friendly and 100 % recycled polyester.
• Faux leather penguin patch at front.
• Color: Brown
• Composition: Shell: 100 % recycled polyester. Lining: 100 % recycled polyester
• Production: Made in China
14 PET bottles were recycled to make these trousers.
These shell trousers have the water-repellent coating BIONIC-FINISH® ECO. In most water-repellent coatings on the market today the use of PFC’s and its fluorocarbons is a rule rather than an exception. These chemicals decompose very slowly in nature, are easily spread and nowadays found worldwide. They impair reproductive ability and are also suspected to cause cancer. BIONIC-FINISH® ECO is made with an alternative technique and is not only free from PFC and fluorocarbons but also from formaldehyde and paraffin.
These trousers are also GRS certified which ensures that they consist of recycled materials made from, for example, PET soda bottles, discarded fishnets and used clothes. GRS is the strictest certification for recycled material on the market today and includes rigid controls of especially chemical use and tracking but also working conditions. The whole production chain is controlled, from raw material to the final product. We make children’s clothes and have high demands on long-term sustainability – both for natures’ sake and the people who manufacture, handle and use our products. It is therefore only natural to ensure our sustainability efforts by using third-party certifications.